Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Thank You Tuesday: Mom and Dad

Once again, I have to thank my parents for all that they have done for us. They have been so great to us in all the many ways that they have helped with the wedding and getting us ready for our life together!

During the after Christmas sales, my mom, Haley (MOH), and I all went out to find some great deals. We all ended up meeting at Dillard's to stock up on some wonderful half priced Christmas decor! I got there first and was completely intimidated by the large amount of women frantically trying to get their hands on that perfect ornament or decoration. So, I stood there off to the side of the mob and just watched in astonishment at what was happening.
My mom got their next and told me to come on. So, I followed her and noticed that she picked up a big card board box. My first reaction was, "Mom, seriously? What do you need that huge box for? You only have one ornmanet in it!" She laughed and said, "You'll see." I, then, took a look around and noticed that lots of women had the same size cardboard box and they were full to the brim with Christmas items! Seriously?!? I thought they were all crazy! I wasn't even married, yet, so I had no intention of buying much.

Before I knew it, I had my own cardboard box and it was quickly filling up! I guess the buying frenzie was contagious! Haley finally arrived and looked at me like I was out of my mind. I told her I had no idea how it happened, but I just had to have it all! So these are some of the styles of ornaments that I found:

They are bigger than they look in the picture. I am such a fan of oversized ornaments! The red ball with the damask design on it in red velour is my favorite! I got several of each different style to go along with a few other styles I found. I, also, found some red and gold wide mesh for decorating the tree and doorway.
The "thank you " part of this post is for this:
My sweet parents bought Aaron and I our first Christmas tree! This isn't an actual picture of the tree, but you get the idea! Its a 7.5 ft pre-lit fur! LOVE it!
We are so excited that we will be ready for our first Christmas together! We both despised the idea of having to go out during the hectic holiday season next year to buy Christmas decorations (mainly because they would be so expensive...not half price like we got them this year!)

All of the Christmas decorations have been packed away in sterilite containers since a couple of weeks after Christmas. I don't think I'll be able to wait a whole year to see them again! Aaron thinks I'm going to have the tree and decorations up by Halloween...he just might be right :-)
Thanks, Mom and Dad!
P.S. Tomorrow my mom, Mrs. Hilborn (Future Mother-in-law, FMIL), and I are meeting with Sarah Hobart from Hobart's Printing and Design to design wedding invitations and stationary! I am so excited that both mom's will be able to be there for such a fun experience! I spoke with Sarah Hobart on the phone today to confirm the appointment and she sounded so sweet and fun. I can already tell that she LOVES what she does and will be such a big help in getting everything just how we want it! Wish us luck!

3 comments:

  1. Amanda, you are too cute! I love reading about what is going on with the wedding and what gifts you have recieved this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Amanda, congrats to you and Aaron!! Wedding planning is so fun huh? I love following the blog and wanted to tell you Hobart's is great, they did our invitations!! Again, congrats to you both

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will just love Sarah Hobart! She is so sweet and so great to work with. Working with her was one of the best parts of planning!

    ReplyDelete