Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Weekend Recap & Wedding Cakes

Last weekend was my long weekend and it was so great. I needed a little break and time to relax. Its always extremely nice to get to spend a little extra time with Aaron, too! I went up on Friday and we went to the baseball game. It was freeeeeezing, but we won and it was a blast. Baseball is my favorite! I love sitting out there just relaxing and Aaron loves the kettle corn :-)
It snowed mostly all day on Saturday, which just seemed crazy. I was gearing up for spring weather and getting pretty excited about it! Since the baseball game cancelled, Aaron and I spent our morning indoors. It was super nice to spend a Saturday relaxing and not rushing to this place and that place. We watched a movie, I organized some of our wedding gifts, and he cleaned the house. It was fantastic. It's so fun for us to catch these little glimpses of what our life is going to be like. We couldn't help but get excited about it! The little things mean the world to us.
Aaron and I had an appointment later that day at Rick's Bakery to discuss wedding cakes. I was a little disappointed at the amount of money they wanted to charge to deliver it. Of course they would've had to deliver it to Benton, but still...it was ridiculous. So....that lead me to start searching for another bakery. This is a very hard decision for me because I am a devoted Rick's Bakery customer! We have a couple of appointments next week for tasting and consultation, so wish us luck! (Aaron had a little car trouble on Saturday, so say a prayer for the Pathfinder. We need it to stick around a little longer!)

Sunday was such a fun day! The 1994 National Championship team was in town for 'Celebration of a Championship.' We got in line to go inside around 11:30. It was freeeeezing and they opened the door 15 minutes later than they said they would. I literally thought my fingers would never work properly, again! (Remind me to tell you about Aaron's groomsmens' gifts after the wedding. Some of the guys still don't know and its such a great idea!)

Aaron and I stood in line to get some autographs from the players and Coach Richardson. It was a blast! We missed the viewing of the Championship Game, but caught glimpses while getting autographs. We stayed for the basketball game (which we won!) and then met up with his parents and sister for dinner. Its always so good to see them!
So, even though our wedding cake consultation didn't end with us having the cakes taken care of, we got a good idea of what we want! Hopefully our next 2 appointments will go better!

4 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about Rick's! I have had a few cakes from Cakery Affairs in Bryant. They are really pretty good. (not Rick's - but still good).

    Have a good weed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used the Cakery Affair in Bryant for our wedding and they are really really good and they are priced very reasonably!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey! Thanks so much about Perri! Its crazy to look at my baby pictures because they are about identical to her. Congrats on the engagement!! How's the planning going??

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you guys had a pretty busy weekend! It's a shame the bakery wanted so much to deliver the wedding cake...I'm sure you will find an even better bakery!

    Thanks for sharing.

    -TJ

    ReplyDelete