Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Thank You Tuesday: Everyone!

My birthday was Saturday and I want to say 'Thank You' to everyone that helped make it very special!

Aaron came home Friday night, which was special enough, and we went to eat at The Butcher Shop. It was delicious! I had all my favorites...which includes crab cakes and creme brulee :-)

On Saturday, Aaron and I went to eat a very early breakfast at the good ol' Waffle House. Usually this is very delicious and we both loooove to eat some hashbrowns. Well, let's just say that this was a very 'different' experience. That's all I can say without getting nauseous...ugh...
Moving on! Saturday was kind of cloudy and dreary so we relaxed all day at my house, just enjoying not having to rush around being busy. My mom had bought a special sweet treat for me to enjoy! Aaron's mom stopped by to visit for a little bit and I opened a few presents before dinner. Aaron and his mom really think alike because they both wrapped their gifts in black, white, and green like our wedding colors! Here is a look at Aaron's fabulous wrapping job that usually takes him about 45 minutes per present...no matter the size of the present :-)

Part of Aaron's gift was two of these apothecary jars. I adore apothecary jars. i think they are perfect to use for decorating. They make so many different shapes and sizes, but this one is perfect. I can't wait to put them in our house...which we don't have yet...but, I'm sure it will look beautiful!
Afterward, Aaron and I met my family for dinner. At the end of dinner a cake was brought out for me and here is why it was so special! 1) my sister and her family made it 2) it was my favorite...yellow cake with chocolate icing! 3) Jimmy, my brother-in-law, was very involved in how it would be decorated, apparently, and even made his family take an extra trip to Wal-Mart to get the right color icing :-) Hilarious! 4) this was sitting on top of the cake:

Cute, right? Here is the reason behind this: My brother-in-law is REALLY into Nascar and he's a HUGE Earnhardt, Jr. fan. He, also, despises Jeff Gordon. So, Aaron and I have always loved giving him a hard time by telling him that we were going to be Jeff Gordon shirts and toys for his two daughters. He gets so worked up about this and its too funny! Trying to be a wise guy, he put the Jeff Gordon car on my cake, as if to say that I'm his biggest fan! Plus, I turned 24 which was perfectly coincidental!
Today I had an appointment with Events Rental in Conway, but they had to cancel due to over scheduling...love it. I was really hoping to get a lot of wedding tasks completed this week since I am off work. Hopefully we will reschedule for Friday. That would be ideal.
Since I'm off work, I'm heading to Fayetteville for a couple of days. There are baseball games today and tomorrow that Aaron and I are going to. We are so excited to have this extra time to spend together! Happy St. Patty's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment