Monday, January 19, 2009

Better Late Than Never

This is a very late post, but, as I have told you before, our families and friends were very good to us at Christmas! I couldn't help but share all the wonderful gifts we received from such special people that God has blessed us with in our lives. They all really wanted to help give us a head start on getting the things we need for our future life together. It means so much to both of us to have such supportive and helpful people surrounding us during such a special time in our lives! So, THANK YOU! Thanks to every single one of you special people who thought of us at such a special time!

I took some pictures of some of the items we receieved, others I found pictures of on the internet. I would have taken pictures of as much as I could, but the Wonderful Aaron did me a huge favor and took all the gifts up to Fayetteville to be stored in his spare room. I was SOOO grateful to have all the boxes and bags out of my bedroom!
On to a few gifts!
This is a gift given to us from my parents. Its our hand towels! What makes these hand towels even more special, is that they are monogrammed! If you know me very well, you know that I ADORE monograms! Maybe it has something to do with the fact that my monogram is changing soon? This special monogram was done by a sweet lady that is a co-worker of my sisters (MOH). She did such a fantastic job and I absolutely love the design of the 'H'. (In case you were wondering, the letter 'H' is my new favorite :-) Thanks to my parents and to sweet Leta for such a special gift!




The next few pictures are wonderful gifts that my Grandpa Harvey and Granny Lenora gave to me and Aaron. Our kitchen colors are red, chocolate brown, beige, and white. We found these casserole dishes at Smith-Caldwell in Benton. I think they are beautiful! Plus, Aaron thinks that everything we cook is going to have an "awesome" imprinted design on the bottom from the dish :-)


This round casserole dish is from my parents! I LOVE it! I didn't 'think' I needed it, but I am so glad that my mom didn't listen to me!


To make sure that we didn't have TOO much red (which really isn't possible for a future home to a Razorbacks loving couple!) we chose to mix and match the red and chocolate brown for accent pieces. This chocolate brown salt and pepper shaker was another great gift from my parents!



Our everyday dishware is made by TAG. This is the best picture I could find. Our dinner plate is chocolate brown, salad plate is red with brown distressing, cereal bowl is beige with brown distressing, and the mug is red with brown distressing. We received place settings from my parents, his parents, his Memaw, and his sweet Aunt Amy! We were so excited to have such a head start on our dishes!

At least we know, now, that we can cook a casserole and have something to eat it on! Thank you to everyone who thought of us a Christmas time! We love you all! There are several other important people I need to mention, but I'll save that for later this week! I promise, if you don't see your gift today, you will see it on here soon! Thank you again. It truly means the world to us to know how much you care for us and love us! God has truly blessed us with so many special people.

No comments:

Post a Comment